Saturday, December 26, 2009

About actors

Amir Khan was my favorite actor. Yes, 'was' till I watched 3 idiots. The process started with Lagaan. Then DCH, Fanna, TZP, Ghajini and finally 3i followed. These films were among the biggest blockbusters of the year they were released. They lived up to the hype created by the media and promoters. All were so different, depicted different storylines with good camera work and music. Then why so unusual ?

There lies the reason. In all these films, amir's character was so powerful. It had a larger than life image. In Fanna, he was an impostor, a terrorist on a mission and a passionate lover at the same time. In Lagaan, he had the courage and talent to take on the Englishmen. He was the best player of all; a leader, a good bowler and batsman too. In Ghajini he prepared a masculine structure to support his macho and confused character. Again, in TZP he was an artist, a model teacher and by chance suffered from dyslexia in his childhood. The limit crossed in 3i. Mr. Rancho was intelligent, extrovert, naughty and a topper too. He ended up becoming a scientist.

It's not that I am envious of these unique characters potrayed by him. AK has been my favorite so much that he adorns my mobile screen in his Ghajiini look till date. Today, I know not why, my mind reminded me of actors like SRK and Amitabh Bachchan. I remembered their classic performances and yes, I found them better than AK. Their characters are not so powerful, they are like u and me. That is the true test of potrayal. Without any support of external appearances, extraordinary talent; they have lived their roles pretty well. Amir Sir was always looking for a larger than life script (read role) for himself.

1 comment: